A Picture Of Nectar

Life two months before our baby is born. Life on the road with our new baby.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Milk in Amsterdam

Okay, so I understand that people like to drink milk. I am not one of those people. I tend to prefer iced tea or diet A & W or diet sunkist. Those are just my flavors. My children used to drink chocolate milk like we had a brown cow. Between the two little kids, they would drink almost a half gallon a day. My wife is even worse. She drinks so much milk! I do the grocery shopping and having to buy 4 or 5 gallons of milk at a time is nuts. I often have to go back to the store for more. Eliz sees nothing wrong with it. As she is so close to having our baby, she drinks even more. She really likes it. In my drinking days, I never came close to drinking that much Newcastle. Enough of this rant about milk. I just find it funny that my family drinks so much milk and I don't care for it.

Eliz is getting really big and round. She looks great. It is so much fun lying in bed and rubbing her stomach and touching my son. I can feel his feet and hands. It is so wild. I mean, we all know of the experience, but when it happens to you, well it is different. I have been playing music for Eli in the womb. He has watched "The Clifford Ball" on my iPod and I try to play a mix of new stuff and the classics. He doesn't really react differently to certain songs, which I guess would be asking too much. He can tell my voice and recognizes my touch because when he is kicking like crazy, I put my hand on her stomach and Eli calms down. That is really cool as a soon to be dad.

We have gotten most of our tickets from Ticketmaster, etc. and are getting things worked out. We still need SPAC both nights and MPP1 pavilions. I hope we can get them soon, or at least before we leave. It is such an endeavor, trying to get it all together, packing and planning. But, before we can even do that, we have to pack for the hospital and for labor. We have Eli's outfit picked out already and have gotten most stuff together for the hospital. Then, we have to be packing to move into our new house before we leave for tour. It is quite nuts, and I guess that I can relax once we get on the road to Hartford. But with all that is going on now, I am really trying to put one foot in front of the other and hope that I don't fall.



So, I recently discovered and have been really enjoying the awesome recordings. One, of note, is 07.02.97 from Paradiso, Amsterdam. It is a strong show and has a great sound. One of the highlights is a tremendous "Weekapaug." It is a stand alone song, after an earlier set "Mike's > Simple." From the beginning notes, one can tell that this is going to be a unique Weekapaug. Cactus's bass intro in accompanied by Trey's jamming and some alternative drumming by Fishman. The song is so full of electricity that you just want to savor the moment. For all of its nearly 14 minutes, the song is just blissful. I am so sure that there are so many more gems that I have yet to discovered. I am not much of a fan of audience tapes because they tend to have a barrel sound to them and are often bass-full and not clean sounding. I wish there were more boards from the 94-00 era. Anyone with some good suggestions for a premiere Weekapaug, please comment. I think that the Clifford Ball Weekapaug is another one that transcends the song. Trey's guitar solos are just spot on and so tight.


Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend. I will try to post some too. One final note, we are taking our 4 and 7 year old daughters to see "Phish 3D" next weekend. They will have a blast, hopefully. I haven't read much about it and want to go in and be surprised at the entire project. Anyone else planning to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment