A Picture Of Nectar

Life two months before our baby is born. Life on the road with our new baby.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I never ever saw the Northern lights, but I finally got a house!

On Sunday, we put an offer in on a house. It got accepted yesterday! We are going to be homeowners. The house is awesome. It has two bedrooms upstairs and the master bedroom is on the first floor. We will have video and audio monitors for the kids. The house has a sweet basement and we plan to get a 47" TV to watch football, play Wii, and watch our favorite videos.Eliz is really happy about it, but I just see all of the work ahead. She is due around May 29, we are closing on May 18, taking possession of the house by June 1, and going out of town for two and a half weeks beginning on June 15. I just don't see how it is all going to get done. I hate moving. There is nothing worse than having to pack up all of your stuff into boxes. No matter how loud I turn up the tunes, nothing stops that noise in my head telling me what a bummer it is to have to move. Have you ever felt that way about moving? Maybe it is just me. I don't think so though. I will put up some pics of our house later this week after I go to the inspection.

I don't think that I have ever been so organized for our road trip as I am for this one. Today, I was at Target and bought 4 emergency rain ponchos that will fit perfectly in Eliz's purse. They cost $1.47 each. After last year at Deer Creek, I do not ever want to be unprepared for rain. That was insane. We had pavilions and were getting pelted with rain. Page came out and said they were going to clear the lawn for an hour and start up again at 1100pm. So, the lawn actually clears and then fills up like it was bursting at the seams by 1100pm. The set was, as we all know, epic. Watching the lightning shoot across the sky set the perfect backdrop for Trey's jamming. So, we get set to leave and it was raining like I have never seen before. We didn't have a long walk back to the car, but within 30 seconds, I was soaked. I had just gotten the new iPhone 3gs that day and had to turn it around in my pocket so that the screen was not facing the rain. My medications in my medicine case were soaked! I actually thought my license had melted. It was nuts. So, for $1.47 each, I bought four ponchos. I went online and looked at buying some glow sticks and glow things.

I would never prepare for shows like this at all. I would have cash and my ticket and go. But this year, we are going to travel in style. I am going to buy a new cooler and we are going to make our own food before shows and after. Lately, lot food hasn't been that great. I guess it will be full on this summer, but I guess that I am spoiled by Dead shows and the awesome Shakedown St. of food that one could buy. Falafels, veggie burritos, satay, stir fry, you name it. One good thing is that there are lots of drink choices to quench one's thirst. Having a lot of choices to drink is great when one needs a cold one. One thing I will not bring is coffee. At Hampton, I tried bringing my coffee from Java Brewing Company and my french press. I made it one night and didn't drink it because I didn't have all of the accompaniments. It is just easier going to Starbucks or some other overpriced coffee place. I have all of the hotel confirmations printed out, our directions, and am starting to get my tickets in. It is all in one folder, all ready for the road. Hell, I even booked my rooms for Deer Creek and Alpine. All of my people are staying in the same hotel. It will be a blast. I look forward to making new friends this summer, too.

One final thing. Yesterday, I listened to the remaster of 12.06.97. I was blown away! It really does it justice. Total jam. If only the band would make it a Live Phish release. I have to find a way to get a message to Kevin Shapiro to get on that!! If only. I am also listening to all of the Live Phish 1-20 releases., I am on number 10. I wish there was a way to listen to all of the music I wanted to in the short time I have. When I was younger, it just seemed like I had more time to listen to music. I had people over to listen to my tapes and then my discs. Now, something like that would never happen. My kids listen to Phish, so we don't listen to The Wiggles or Miley Cyrus. We listen to "Makisupa Policeman," "Prince Caspian," or "Punch," three of the kids favorites. I am just saying, I wish I knew why the days seem so much shorter now. But, in a couple of months, I will have moved into a new house, be loving my new son Eli, and be jamming to the familiar sounds of my favorite band, ever.

More later. Any thoughts on my blog or suggestions are welcome. I would like to hear from you. My blog is just starting and it will change and grow as time goes on. So, please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin@Phish.com. Nice guy. Responded to my email about producing a Phish radio program. (answer was no, but he was cool about and explained why)

    ReplyDelete