A Picture Of Nectar

Life two months before our baby is born. Life on the road with our new baby.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I had a dog his name was Jim, he took all the money that I saved for rent…



Well, here we are writing from Stamford, CT. We left town on Tuesday and have taken it nice and leisurely. We drove maybe 5 hours yesterday and got to Wheeling, WV. We woke up this morning about 700, thanks to Eli, and then we made the decision to drive all the way to Hartford tonight. I am writing about 30 miles from Hartford. We are actually going to stay in Rocky Hill, CT, which is about 10 miles from the Comcast Center. Many of you might be staying here too. Who knows? I am amazed at how well my son is handling the road trip. I thought that he would be bouncing off of the walls, but he is more calm and relaxed than either me or my wife.

We got a chance to listen to Chicago, Blossom, and Hershey on our drive. I think that Chicago has a great setlist and I do not want to take anything away from the setlist. It was purely awesome, but I am not that impressed with the playing. Maybe I have to listen to it again. I got a lot out of the Blossom show, namely, the Mike’s > Hydrogen > Weekapaug and the Rock n Roll, Harry Hood, Number Line. I thought the boys sounded really tight and much more in the driver’s seat. I am listening to Hershey and it has all of the makngs of an excellent show. We are up to the Jim now and it is pure bliss. As good as anything I have heard from Jim. Trey is really stretching and moving the improve in new directions. The whole band is completely relaxed and into the jam at hand.

As I start attending shows, I will add my commentary about the show, but much of my blog will be about life on tour with my son, so I will be talking about how different things are now that I have to protect my son from all that is bad. I know that it will be hard to do on tour, but I can do it. He will be okay. The postings will take their own shape tomorrow night or Friday morning, depending on when I post. Hang in there and let me know if you have suggestions for my posts or the direction of this blog. Thanks, as always, for reading. Say a prayer for Eli tomorrow. I really hope that his little ears can handle the music. I have ear protectors for him and the doctors say that he will be okay. We just want you to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment