A Picture Of Nectar

Life two months before our baby is born. Life on the road with our new baby.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

His eyes were clear and pure,

Well, we have been home with our son now for a few days. The house is still insane. We are living out of boxes and kind of fighting with each other, just out of frustration and boredom. My mom came over on Tuesday to help me unpack the kitchen and she ended up arranging our closet, too. My mom helped out on Wednesday, too. Elizabeth is just not able to do her normal things and that is understandable. Having a baby takes so much work and takes so much out of her. She has been really trying to get back into the routine, but she can only do so much. I try to tell her to take it easy.

We listened to music in our house most of the day on Wednesday. It was so nice to have music that we could share, rather than being confined to my computer’s stereo system. I had my full ADCOM amp and NAD pre-amp running my iPod through Polk speakers. It just sounded great to have music. We were still listening to Eli’s playlist. Incidentally, he was born to Cities into Punch You In The Eye. Go figure. Make what you will of that. I was just psyched to have music at his birth. But, he seems calmer when we are playing Phish in the background. He is great in the car with Phish playing and hardly ever cries.

So, his bris was last Friday, the 7th of June. All of my important people were there, except for Greg. My parents participated in the ceremony and that was really cool. The Rabbi who conducted the ceremony was really great and she was very inviting of my non-Jewish family members. All in all, it was a perfect little brit milah for a perfect little boy. His pee pee is still healing, though. We have to make sure that it heals properly. I leave that up to my wife, though.

We are packing for tour. It is amazing how much stuff one must pack for an infant. We have his pack and play, 150 diapers (and will probably run out), 20 outfits (assuming that he changes 4 times a day), ointments, creams, soaps, the Maya wrap, my wife’s baby feeding pillow, you name it, we have it. We have amassed so much stuff for the baby that I honestly hope I packed my underwear. It will be cool on the road with Eli because he is such a calm baby. He hardly ever cries and when he does, it is because he needs to be changed or wants to be held.

We have everything packed in the car, including Lizzie and Lexi. All five of us are in my Jeep, along with clothes for the girls for the next two weeks, plus all of our stuff. The next time I write will be from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment