A Picture Of Nectar

Life two months before our baby is born. Life on the road with our new baby.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Waiting...



As you can probably tell, it has been a little while since I have written. Here is why. Well, you know what? My life is in limbo now. We were supposed to close on our house last week and it got held up. We still don't know when we are going to close. So, I have that going on. My wife has felt like she is going to have our baby every day and nothing so far. Her due date is May 29, but who knows when the baby is going to come. I hope that Eli comes out soon. We are in limbo and have not done a lot of packing because we don't know when we are going to move. Every day is like a big adventure and a waiting game. We both are just waiting for things to happen. We are having the baby, closing on our new house, moving to our new house, painting the house, setting up the house, and trying to plan our Phish tour. It is nuts around here.

I have been watching our kids for the last year and a half and now that my wife is home on maternity leave, she is doing most of everything for the kids. This gives me a lot of free time. I haven't had much time to look for a job until now. I want to go back to work, but things are so hectic right now that it just isn't the time to do it. I would like to find a job where I can work at home, like legal writing or something.

Now, onto our Phish tour. I am still looking for both nights of Saratoga and Saturday night of Merriweather. Both stubhub.com and seatgeek.com are showing very expensive pavilion seats. I am not really into paying $125 for a decent seat. On the other hand, it doesn't look like prices are coming down. Seatgeek.com has a forecaster that predicts that prices for seats are going to decrease. I would be willing to pay $75 per ticket, but not $125. Maybe we can wing it and find tickets at the show. I don't like doing that. The only time, though, that I have ever been shut out of is the Dead at Red Rocks in 1985. I had to sit on the hill and listen to the music from outside the venue. That really blew. But, it looks like there are a lot of tickets to be had. One way to find tickets is to get on Ticketmaster a few days before the show. They always release tickets. This will be my last resort. I am hoping that we can get tickets resolved.

I have our routes mapped out and our two days of travel time from here to Hartford are going to be rough. I am not looking all that forward to driving that far and only hope that my wife and Eli are going to be okay and comfortable during the trip. I am going to be fine, just because I have my tunes. I have a 160 gig iPod and am loading it with a bunch of new stuff, especially those remasters that I got from Phishauds.com. I am really into the late 90's lately, so I have a bunch of stuff to check out while I am on the road. I am also hoping that Mr. Miner at PhishThoughts.com puts out an on the road song list for the Summer Tour. Once we get to Hartford, the driving is not bad at all. The only trip that we are unsure of is the drive from Columbia to Canandaigua, NY. We are not sure if we are going to that show yet and will probably decide while we are at the shows. If the band is playing as well as I plan them to, then I will try to entice my wife to go. But, she is probably going to want to go anyway. We will just see.

Now that the weather is getting warm, it reminds me of those hot, sultry days that I have spent going to concerts in amphitheatres all over the country. I wish that Phish had some shows inside, like Knoxville last year. It is so nasty when the temperature is in the 90's and the sun is beaming down on you. I am not sure about you, but I just don't like being that hot. You drink to try to cool yourself down and then end up having to go to the bathroom during the show. Miserable. Many of you probably love the heat and being outdoors. I can understand that, but for me, I like indoor shows better. The acoustics are better and it feels more intimate. But, I can hope that things are relatively cool in mid-June in the Northeast. It has been a while since I have traveled that far.

I hope that all of you are getting your plans ready and not waiting til the last minute to make your hotel reservations. I know how glad I am to have everything done, except for finding a few tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment